News and Events

Keep up to date with the latest news and events of Modular Bikes.

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Wooden Bike Mk2 Part 3

Douglas Tuck on his Performer Highracer at the Vichpv ride.  These bikes cost not much over $1000 these days.  Douglas rode in the Wendouree Cycle Challenge a week or so later.

New Bamboo Frame on my current bike tailbox.  Beer Carrying should be a bit less traumatic now.

Progress on the wooden bike.

Tailbox / Seat / Storage Assembly
Hi

For the last week or so I have been quite busy, out and around the joint, riding on Saturday and Sunday last week, fixing my current bike and building stuff for my new bike. 

The bikes I build usually have a large tailbox which are aerodynamic, add storage and make the bike more visible by day and night.  For their application, see here.  Lately my tailbox has sagged a bit under load.  When this happens, the corflute can rub on the back wheel so its not very good.  So I've spent a bit of time repairing it and making an inner frame for it from bamboo.  Its held together by glue and table ties and I've knotched some of the bamboo to make the ends of the frame cross pieces sit right.  Sofar, so good.  But no heavy duty beer carrying yet!  More reports later. 

On the new bike story, well the picture tells the story!  Will report more soon.

Over the past few weeks I have been organising a recumbent team for the lake Wendouree Cycle Challenge.  It was run today, I will report more later.  But in summary, Steve Slowpokes did quite well, we were possibly the fastest bikes and trikes on the course.

Regards

Steve Nurse


No comments:

Post a Comment