News and Events

Keep up to date with the latest news and events of Modular Bikes.

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Shopping and Family

Christine hears that I had already donated away the books my Dad gave me.
With Mum and Dad (Self-Timer Photo)
Home with a 10kg Vintage Elna Sewing Machine and some books in the back of my trike.
At home, Christine checks out one of the books I bought, Elna sewing machine in the foreground.
Hi

Yesterday was a fine warm day and I headed out to visit Mum and Dad on my new trike.  On the way over to Kew (only 2 suburbs away) I bought a speedo from Bikes de Ver and visited an op-shop and bought some videos.

Mum and Dad were fine and showed me a few pictures of my neice Josephine, my brother Richard and sister - in - law Serena.  Richard and Serena were obviously very proud parents at Josephine's graduation.  I realised there weren't enough pictures of people on this blog and hope to remedy that.  

So I helped mum and dad out with a few jobs, had a cup of tea and a catch up and then headed home.  Dad had given me some books (and I never read the books he gives me) so was looking for another op-shop to donate the books to on the way home.

And Lo, I was in luck, there was a fete at a convent on the way home, and I had had luck buying books and plates and stuff (ok, crap) there in the past.  So first stop was the bric-a-brac stall and I bought an Elna sewing machine there ($20), left it with the gentlemen on the stall complete with custom made "Sold Steve" sticker on it and wandered on to the book stall.  At the book stall I bought a few books and one was a biography of a dude my wife Christine knew when she was growing up (Pierre Gorman), there was a vintage and battered Alan Marshall book (1946)  and a Hillaire Belloc paperback.  Also hugely expensive, $2.00 the lot for the books!

Collected the sewing machine on the way back, loaded it in the back of my trike and then wandered back in to the fete to pass my Dad's books on to the convent book stall. And then home on the trike, no dramas, and Christine very happy with the purchases.

So that was my Saturday morning.  Still not sure what we will do with the sewing machine.  But it was a bargain!

(2 days later and our friend Christine Durbridge came and picked up the sewing machine. )

Christine D. happy as the new owner of the Elna Grasshopper.


No comments:

Post a Comment