News and Events

Keep up to date with the latest news and events of Modular Bikes.

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Velocino Part 3

Velocino is on the road!
Printed cut template on tube and some marking out tools.  The wooden v-block makes it easy to work on the round tube.

These scooter bits were the first things I pulled out of the shed to make the steering out of.  I was going to try something slightly more complex I was keen to ride it and this looked ok.

Front of the bike before welding

My brother Richard's 1953 Hercules before restoration....

And afterwards.
Hi

I have made my small Velocino bike ridable but only after some metal surgery.  Before I had the front fork on a very high rake which proved unstable.  Now its a "bit more normal" with a 20-30 degree rake.  Anyway, after the cutting and welding and sawing and reworking of the front part of the frame, I grabbed the first thing I could find (pogo stick and scooter bits) to mock up a steerer.  A night or two later I wanted to ride the bike and just bolted on something close to what I'd started with as the steering.  It works ok and is quite relaxing to ride.  Still a bit more work to do on it.  The 2-speed kick back gear is only working in one gear at the moment and I want to repair or replace it.  As well, it could do with a lick of paint (not sure my skills run to painting in Turqoise).

There is a "backroom" to this blog which show which web pages led browsers to my blog, which country they live in, how many viewers the blog has had etc.   I guess it could be important if you could work out how to allow ads and make money from the blog! This is one of the newer pages that leads to this blog, it is from a Russian Electric vehicle chat list.  It picks up on some of my and Vi Voung's trike videos. Amusing!

On the other side of the world, in England, my brother Richard collects and restores bikes from the 30's, 40's and 50's, and he recently sent some photos of a new aquisition.  I like the old 1970's light on the 50's bike, it probably shows when the bike was mothballed in a garage or shed somewhere.

Till next time,

Regards

Steve Nurse

No comments:

Post a Comment