News and Events

Keep up to date with the latest news and events of Modular Bikes.

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Sturmey Archer S2C

Sturmey Archer S2C hub and 24" wheel (right).  Wheelbuilding by Abbotsford Cycles

A chair makes quite a good repair stand for a half-a-bike.

Finished bike complete with folding handlebars (folded or "time trial") position

.... and with handlebars unfolded.
Hi

This weekend I spent some time picking up a custom back bike wheel from Abbotsford Cycles and fitting it into my Victoria / Hercules folding bike.  The wheel includes a Sturmey - Archer S2C hub which is a modern eqivalent of the broken Duomatic hub originally on the bike.  As well, I've fitted a folding handlebar on the bike.  This came from the cat-lady via Stu.  I have yet to ride the bike much but it seems likely to be a reliable and fun machine.  As well as benefitting this bike, the new hub forms part of whatever type of Velocino I end up making.

No comments:

Post a Comment