News and Events

Keep up to date with the latest news and events of Modular Bikes.

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Audax Vest

Modified Audax Vest




Hi

A few months ago, I bought a cheapy night visibility vest at an Audax event, and I wore it occasionally.  But this winter, I've been commuting to and from Uni, and it means riding home in the dark every night.  The straps holding the vest at the bottom were too high up to secure it easily, so I set about changing it.  The photo is of my second and best attempt at fixing it.  I used some velcro sourced from a bmx handlebar protector in this rework.

The small red bits of velcro are the "sticky hard" part and the long bits are soft velcro.  This minimises the chance of the sticky bits sticking and tangling on other things when you don't want them to.

Really, I don't mind helmeting and thoroughly daglowing and lighting up when I ride a bike.  My bike is a geek bike anyway, by riding it I'm rebelling anyway, and I probably look like a dork when I'm riding it, and helmets and bright clothes won't make my any more dorky.   Here is a link to a recent storm in a teacup about Australian Helmet laws.

Menwhile, Louis Vuitton, you know my number.

Regards

Steve Nurse

No comments:

Post a Comment