News and Events

Keep up to date with the latest news and events of Modular Bikes.

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

New Bike Storage at Uni

My trike in the secure lockup area.  This trike is 2.44m long and there's plenty of room for it.

Advertisement for an upcoming event, Ride to Work day on October 12




Hi

For a year and a half I have been attending Monash Uni at Caulfield, and for quite a while, I parked my trike outside.  For various reasons I stopped doing this, my trike is related to the work I do and it helps to have it nearby and its good to have it out of the weather and out of harm's way.  In the early stages, the trike would occasionally blow over in the wind.

Anyway, a few days ago all the staff got an email about a new, super-duper bike lockup facility, so I went to check it out.  My trike is quite long, (so are a range of other pedalled vehicles like this bakfiets @ 2.55m long) but it fitted in fine.  There are tools and a pump nearby, and entry to the enclosure is via a computer-linked student identification card.

So it all looks good in my book, but I will probably stick to my routine of carrying my trikes up 2 flights of stairs to my shared office for now.

There is a poster for Ride to Work day in the enclosure, and I will try to display one of my trikes at Caulfield's ride to work day coming up in a few weeks.

Regards

Steve Nurse

Bike Repair Workstation near the new lockup.   Note the spray on the back of the trike!  You get this when the road or track is wet - and because of the different wheel position the pattern ends up different on each side.




No comments:

Post a Comment