News and Events

Keep up to date with the latest news and events of Modular Bikes.

Monday, February 27, 2017

Rock'n'Roll Call

Fungus Brains "Metal Box" Cassette and Paraphenalia photographed for posterity.  I was friends with the guys in the band at school and for years afterwards. Hi Mick, Simon S., Simon A, Andrew, Pete, Geoff  and Jim.

John interviewed me while Dave filmed and took photos.

My Trike from Town Hall

Town Hall from my Trike
Hi

On Friday I answered an email call for people with Rock'n'Roll memorabilia to come in to the Melbourne Town Hall to show it off, and chat about music, and the influence its had on our lives.  Etc.

So I did just that.  I have quite a few singles (45 rpm records) going back to the early 1960's.  This is the result of buying records new and from op shops in the late 70's and early 80's.  Yes, the flat black round things with the hole on the middle.  I picked out a few of my favourites and rode in to talk about them.

At 10 o'clock, I was the first punter to arrive and chatted to a few researchers about music and bands and stuff.  Bruce Milne was there, he ran Au-Go-Go records and seemed to have an encyclopaedic knowledge of Australian punk bands.

So, I hope the project goes well, guys.

Regards

Steve Nurse

No comments:

Post a Comment