News and Events

Keep up to date with the latest news and events of Modular Bikes.

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

A test on the fast trike





Hi

Last night I went for a ride on my new "fast trike".  In the short term the trike doesn't have a future in this form.  It looks like the next time there will be an OzHpv records meet will be in Easter next year, and I'm not sure I will attempt an unfaired recumbent trike hour record even then. For now though, the frame can be put to better use, either as a daily driver for me or a bike I can do up and then sell.

I don't for a moment regret having made this trike, even though its has been limited to a few wobbly blockies on the roads around us.  The aero wheel covers can be used for any of my leaning trikes and I can easily take the seat apart and remount it at a more sensible angle.

It is spring here now, and we have daylight savings, so I can head out at 7:30 pm when its still light and there's not too much traffic. Last night I got up to about 27kph but the brakes might have been rubbing! Aim to have another go tonight, I might even break out the bike shorts.

Regards

Steve Nurse

No comments:

Post a Comment