News and Events

Keep up to date with the latest news and events of Modular Bikes.

Sunday, March 18, 2018

Frame Spacers

Plan of bike showing spacers

Old spacers were falling apart a bit.

Didn't fully understand this printing software screen before, but I now understand it a bit better.  Bottom right of the 8 print settings is 99% fill which is the one I wanted. 


Pair of prints from the machine.
Full Printer Setup.

Spacers fitted to back of bike.

Hi

After a few months, the trike frame spacers I printed and glued together at home have been falling apart, and while I really don't mind that, its not something I would want to inflict on anyone else in terms of calling it a finished design.  For almost a year, I didn't think my Cetus printer could print solid parts, ie I thought there would always be some sort of hollowing out to save material and printing material.  It was bugging me a bit and when I got around to it, I asked the Cetus 3d printer Facebook Group what may have been a dumb question.

And I got some good answers quite quickly, yes, you can print solids, and I was just being a bit of a dumb-ass and not understaning the user interface.  So the new parts with the new higher density and from new material came off the printer very quickly.   I fitted them, and they were a bit oversize and the 2 trike halves were hard to fit together, but after attacking them with a file, the fit became much better. Adn hopefully they will last.

Regards

Steve Nurse

No comments:

Post a Comment